The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Steamer!!!

I have always loved to go to the local coffee shops and get yummy warm drinks in the fall and winter.  But often times the Hot chocolate is too bitter at places like these and the other drinks all come with coffee in them.  Well, since I'm not a coffee drinker this is no fun for me.  But recently I went and got what was supposed to be a Spiced Pumpkin Latte only I ordered it without the Latte and it became a Steamer.  Flavored warm milk!  As I sipped this nectar of the gods I thought to myself, "Self, this is a very simple drink you just paid $4 for.  I bet you could develop your own recipe and get it for free at home!!" And that is exactly what I did!!  So here is a yummy warm winter drink alternative when you've had your fill of hot chocolate and budget busting coffee shops!!

4 cups milk
1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg

In a saucepan combine all ingredients wisking to mix.  Continue to wisk and heat over medium temperature until sugar is disolved and it reaches desired temperature.

I hope you love it as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment