The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blonde Brownies!!

Ok so I found a really great recipe for Blonde Brownies and I thought well, its been ages since I've blogged, so perhaps I should share!  I have felt so swamped lately with life's "little" responsibilities that I have neglected some of the things I enjoy most...such as...DESSERT!!!  One of the responsibilities that is most interfering with my love of decadent treats is the infamous and ever antagonistic DIET- Ughh.  So I've decided today to put the worry of a trim waistline behind me (perhaps literally as it may actually end up on my backside! LOL!!) and make a treat for my family to celebrate BYU playing SDSU in the Mountain West Conference Finals!  My sister has made these several times and they have become a family favorite, so I added some goodies just for fun and they have turned out FANTASTIC!!  Hope you enjoy a moment free of all worries especially those related to food.  Take a minute to enjoy this delectable treat with those you love and count your many blessings!

  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus butter for pan
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cup dark brownsugar
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toffee chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 X 9 or 9X13 by 2-inch baking pan.  Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.  Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; add sugar and whisk until combined and sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Add the flour and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chips, and almonds and transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.  Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until the top cracks slightly and is firm to the touch and a fork inserted into the center comes out with moist pieces clinging to it. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Invert on wire rack and cut into squares!  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment