The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Make up Eating and Low-fat Stroganoff!

After last nights splurge I woke up this morning with the sweet tooth blues, feeling guilty of course for every bite of sinful decadence I enjoyed!  So today I am going to make a recipe I recently learned about from my sister in law.  It is the most simple and enjoyable meal I've made in a long time and if made correctly can be a great compliment to a healthy diet!  And if you are a busy chef, it can even be done in the crock pot so that you just put it in and go, then when you return, viola a delicious dinner!

1 16.5 ounce container low-fat sour cream
1-2 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 cans 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
sliced mushrooms (canned or fresh as many as desired)
4 medium chix breasts
1 pkg. egg noodles

Put all ingredients but chicken into the crock pot and mix well.  Lay frozen chicken breasts on top of the sauce mixture and salt, pepper, and garlic breasts.  Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.  Cook one package of eggnoodles as directed on the package.  Remove from the water and mix in a small amount of olive oil to keep noodles from sticking.  Serve chicken stroganoff sauce over noodles with salad!

2 comments:

  1. I made this on Thursday. Everyone loved it! Thanks :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I just saw this! I'm glad you guys loved it!!

      Delete