The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cinnamon Encrusted French Toast and Curry Potatoes!!

Even though I had the best intentions today, I was going to make the best corn chowder my family has ever tasted, it didn't work out so well:(  I ended up without one of the most important ingredients...BACON!!  You just can't make a choweder without the fat from a yummy meat like bacon as a seasoning foundation!  So sadly I had to be flexible, turn my back on my original plan, and come up with a new one!!  I knew I still needed to feed my family and we even had cousins over for the weekend, so I decided to turn my already diced potatoes into friend potatoes and then the idea for fabulous french toast just followed naturally!!  Thankfully, noone was too dissapointed that they didn't get chowder and everyone was happy with the final product!  I hope you enjoy this twist on an old favorite!!

Curry Potatoes
Olive Oil
Diced Potatoes
Salt, Pepper, Curry seasoning

Heat approximately 4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan, add diced potatoes, cook until fork tender and season throughout with salt, pepper, and curry seasoning.

Cereal Encrusted French Toast
2-4 Tbs oil
8 pieces of thick sliced white bread
6 eggs
4tbs milk
1 tbs cinnamon/sugar mixed
4 cups of crushed cereal (captian crunch, cinnamon toast crunch, froot loops etc.)

Beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon/sugar mix.  Dip bread in egg mixture then turn egg soaked bread in crushed cereal until covered and place in heated oil until golden brown!  You've never had anything like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment