The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Homemade Corn Chowder!

Let me begin with my latest project.  Cooking for me is usually about a party or a tradition of some kind.  Today definitley falls along those lines.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and twice a year we (the members of the church) gather together in our homes or churches all over the world to listen to the leaders of our church to receive guidance and instruction to help us throughout the following six months.  As a child this weekend marked an occasion worthy of traditions!  My mother would wake up early at least one of the conference days and make a fabulous breakfast, and then the next day would be a soup and rolls lunch!  So I have continued that tradition in my own home with my own children!  Today I made a fabulous coffee cake (also known as "breakfast" cake at our house seeing how we don't drink coffee and I don't want to confuse my little ones! LOL!!) And tomorrow I'll be making a Corn Chowder and rolls for lunch!  I am so excited!  I found a recipe that looks great but I don't have all of the listed ingredients so I'm going to have to put my own spin on it:)  After I make it I'll take pictures and post them, the recipe (if it's worthy of posting) and the results of the attempted chowder!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, sadly corn chowder had to be postponed for a better day (like when I've got the key ingredient in my fridge! Ahh!) But I turned my diced potatoes into Curry potatoes, paired them with cereal incrusted french toast and it was FABULOUS!!! See my most recent post for recipe and pictures!

    ReplyDelete