The Seasons are Changing!

The Seasons are Changing!
And the Holidays are swiftly approaching!!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Todays Food Adventure!!

I absolutely love the FALL!!  Because of this any food or beverage that I do during the months of October and November must embody the season!!!  So tonight I am going to book club (we've just finished the third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy) and I volunteered to bring the drink!  So I searched the web (forever before I found a non-alcoholic beverage!!!)  until I found a fabulous spice filled punch on the website http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkl16m121.html that I can't wait to serve in a cauldron with dry ice to my fabulous book club girls!!  I even bought fun little Halloween cups to serve it in:)  The only problem I may have is figuring out when-between being the mother of 4, the local crossing guard, and a Room mom for my kindergartner- I am going to make it!!  I will find the time though I'm sure of it!!! So here's the recipe and I'll post pictures and reviews for the punch at the end of the evening!! 

Spicy Cider Punch
Recipe Serves 10

1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp nutmeg
4 cups Apple Cider
1 12 oz Frozen orange juice from concentrate
4 cups Ginger Ale

Mix spices and sugar together in sauce pan, then add cider and heat until sugar is disolved.  Add orange juice and stir until melted.  Chill until ready to serve then add Ginger Ale and serve over ice.  Serve with Orange slices as a garnish or with cloves in orange slices in a punch bowl.  Or for halloween put punch in a small punch bowl then put bowl in a large cauldron.  Then place dry ice around the punchbowl and occasionally add water to creat fog effect!  Perfect for the Halloween season!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is SO CLOSE to my Christmas Wassail recipe:
    Simmer 8 cinnamon sticks, 10 cloves, 10 allspice and 1 cup sugar in water (I think 4 cups water) for 1 hour covered. Sccop/strain out spices out of water and Add 1 can concentrate OJ, 1 can concentrate lemonade, and 1 gallon apple cider. Heat and enjoy! I pour the wassail back into the apple cider container and keep in fridge. Heat in microwave to enjoy. This drink is my favorite part of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that when I made this punch Bethany! Mine was served cold but I'm sure I would LOVE it hot! Thanks for the recipe I'm going to have to serve it to the Jamie Plewe family during this holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete